- Love, love, loving this New Orleans style cover of “Sweet Child of Mine,” complete with clarinet:
- This one has made the rounds online, but it’s a video of magician (Finnish!) making dog treats disappear. I love the ones where the dog looks at the camera/owner, like, “WTF?”
- Another Finnish related video – this Jimmy Kimmel commercial break cracked me up. He talks to a couple of Finns in his audience and finds out they’re not the most chatty of guys. Q: “What do you do [in Finland]?” A: “I work. I live.” Q: “You have short conversations?” A: “Yeah.” Well, he answered the question…. (I was seriously giggling so hard at this! “That’s just how Finns are.” Indeed!!)
- Thanks to a friend notifying me about it, I got to take an online seminar last week about giving birth in Finland. It was geared towards foreigners, focusing on the way pregnancy and childbirth is done here that may be different from other parts of the world. The class was run by a doula, Finnish by birth, who had spent some time in the US, and come to find out she does online childbirth classes in English! I was already looking into online childbirth classes, because while they do have classes locally, they are not in English. When I found out this doula did them, I jumped on the opportunity. Much better to get a more local understanding of childbirth than a US based class could offer.
- Speaking of, I’m officially in my third trimester! Baby J is getting stronger, and he’s still fairly low. I tend to feel him moving primarily below my belly button, with occasional kicks on the upper right side. I never feel him on the upper left. I also often feel something knobby about a quarter inch directly above my belly button – a knee, perhaps, or an elbow? I wish I could figure out how he’s situated in there. I’ve started getting more pregnancy symptoms – swelling legs/ankles/feet, mild heartburn. As long as the kid stays off my bladder, I’ll survive. (I think he was sitting on it last week like Miss Muffet on her tuffet. For two days I couldn’t go ten minutes without needing to pee.)
- The weather is getting warm again – it was almost 50F today, I think. We may need to take the down comforter off the bed – we already sleep with the bedroom window cracked open at night, and I’ve had it open over the last couple of days, as well. The afternoon sun streams in the windows from about 2-7pm, and it really warms the place up.
- I’ve got some baby projects in the works, including burp cloths and washcloths and a diy-Moby wrap. I asked my mom to get me some fusible fabric, the kind you can run through your printer and iron onto clothing. I’ve “made” a few onesies, and I have to say, they are so darn cute! I’m totally geeking out, have plans for Firefly and Dr Who and Buffy related designs, but here’s one that’s not a total copyright infringement:
What’s making you happy lately? Any fun videos or blogs or events in your life?