I don’t make resolutions. Haven’t in years. I do, however, make goals, which I guess some people could say are the same thing as resolutions. Whatever.
I try to make sure my goals are relevant to my life, necessary, and achievable. I make a few of the same ones each year – write more, blog more regularly, etc. But the ones I really pay attention to are the ones that will truly make an impact on my life.
This year will be interesting. I’ll be giving birth in June, and I know that the weeks leading up to that and the months afterwards will be difficult. It will be harder to get daily goals done, to focus on anything outside of the baby. So I’ve been very cognizant of that in making this year’s list. I have a couple of goals that specifically need to be done by the end of May, and I expect my remaining goals to evolve after June. Flexibility is key.
Without further ado:
- Get all photos organized, backed up, and loaded to sharing site. I’ll be loosely following this great tutorial from lil blue boo. (pre-baby goal)
- Complete pre-baby craft list, which includes things like a diaper changing pad, burp cloths, and a few long-standing sewing crafts. (pre-baby goal)
- Write a short story a week based on a specific, personal writing prompt. (Also, as usual, write more in general. I’d love to say Finish A Book, but I’ve said that several years running now, and I know better…)
- Create photo books for 2010 (when I did a photo a day), our wedding, 2012, and 2013. Get started on a book for 2014.
- Walk/run 1160km (720 miles) on the treadmill. This is the length of Finland (southernmost to northernmost points, per Wikipedia). I think this is achievable. That’s 3 miles a day for 240 days, allowing me plenty of time off as I need it. Plus, I’ve always loved the idea of walking “across a country” or state or whatever. I want to find a huge map and hang it on the wall and actually track my progress.
- Organize all online accounts, cancel those not needed, change passwords, etc.
- Update my blogroll and links.
- Organize baby boards on Pinterest. (pre-baby goal)
QFY – are there pre-baby goals I should add to be sure I’m ready? Also, what are your goals?