- We watched Science of Dogs, a National Geographic video. They kept talking about eugenics and breeding the perfect dog for this or that. My thought: “wW’re freaking Hitler.” The documentary was interesting, and there were some fun parts (puppies!!), but I just kept feeling really sad about the whole thing.
- Still working on some worldbuilding and research into genetics. I’ve changed one of my ideas already, so I’m “recasting” most of my characters, looks-wise. I’m still at a loss as to what my main male character looks like. I’ve been doing a lot of trolling (trawling?) through Pinterest to see if a particular face sparks my interest. Nothing too pretty, and he’s kind of a bodyguard type, so he can’t be too skinny. So far, no hits…
- This past week I was really putting off the “writing” part of writing the book. I know, I know. Here’s the thing – I’m going on vacation for 11 days in a couple of weeks. I don’t want to start, get in a groove, then have the vacation wreck it all. I just want to come back and *W*R*I*T*E*. Like, bam, book done in a month. But I can’t do that. It’s ready. I’m ready. So this is it, starting today, I’m officially in the writing phase. I spent today going over the first few scenes, which I had already written, tweeking a couple of things, nothing too in depth. But tomorrow…oh, boy, tomorrow will be fun!
New on Zazzle:
- Playing around with one of the photos I took in Stockholm:
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
- Our trip to Barcelona is booked! We decided to rent an apartment rather than stay at a hotel, so I’m really excited about that. We’ll be there for 10 nights! Plus, we’re going during La Merce Festival – a Fire Run, Human Towers, Fireworks, Parades, and a light show at La Sagrada Familia! My camera is going to BLOW UP. Check out the videos below!