- Anyone who knows me knows I hate spiders. Like, really don’t like, and can be deathly afraid. I don’t think I saw any spiders in the apartment last year, which was awesome. This year, different story. I’ve seen four or five daddy-long-legs, several small spiders, but this morning there was a big ugly spider on the wall in the office. Stephen was my Big Damn Hero.
- Hope everyone in the US has a great Labor Day tomorrow! Another work day in these parts…for Stephen…
- Looks like we’re going to Barcelona in a few weeks. Guess I should, you know, book a flight…
- Lots of plotting this week. Lots. Took Friday and Saturday off for a bit of a break, and will be doing lots of research and more intense worldbuilding this week. Then, I won’t be able to put it off any longer…time to actually write the book.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
- You know how you hear or see something and you instantly become a 12 year old again? Yesterday we were watching some kind of cooking show, and they kept saying “balls.” I grinned inwardly the first few times. Then I snickered. Then I said, “Balls.” Then I hooted with laughter the next five times they said it. Stephen looked at me like I was insane.
- A cat, her kittens, and three misbehaving ducklings (gets really great 1’20” in):
What’s making you happy this week?