- The search history of a writer is really something to behold. I’d love to know what kind of dossier the PRISM program can put together from a writer’s information. I remember this fun drawg on the blog c’mere, and I think of it every time I do some crazy search. One day this last week I searched the following terms: “Assassination attempts on the President,” “Undetectable poisons,” and “Ukranian word for penis.” Yeah….
Funny Sh*t Online:
- Who doesn’t love a good kitteh video? Here’s one of four kittens and a box (youtube link). Too freaking cute!
- I’ve been listening to this podcast that keeps mentioning a “magic spreadsheet” for writing, so decided to check it out. It’s kept on Google Docs, and it’s basically a point system to get you to write every day. I decided to give it a go…then promptly missed three days. I’m going to keep trying, though, and I hope it makes a difference.
- I spent most of this week working on a scene outline and back story for a new novel, tentative title: Assassin. I’ve been bouncing ideas off Stephen all week to see how it looks outside my head, but I still have some kinks to work out.
What’s Making Me Happy:
- Adobe put together a stunt to promote Creative Days on June 11. “The Adobe pranksters – a photographer and a Photoshop wizard – installed both the digital ad board and several cameras in the stop, then waited for unsuspecting bus patrons to notice themselves get digitally retouched and morphed every which way in real time.” Very cute, and it happened at a bus stop in Finland! Embedded video below-
- 20 hours of sunlight. Midsummer is next weekend, and then the days will start getting shorter again, but in the meantime, we have very little darkness around here: