- Last night, I requested that we watch the movie Dune. It’s in our DVD library, I had never seen it, and I had it in my head that it was similar to Stargate, which I enjoyed.
- …It wasn’t. I hate myself for requesting to see that movie.
- I got a wild hair this week to make one of the ideas in my head into a screenplay instead of a novel. I’ve never been interested in doing a screenplay before, but the more I thought about it, the better I liked the idea. Then I thought about it some more, and there’s one particular scene in the beginning of the story that…well, would be ruined if it was film (because it’s kind of a big reveal at the end), so now I’m back to thinking it would be better as a book.
- But the whole thing got me thinking about screenplays, and…I don’t know, maybe I’ll give it a go one of these days.
What’s Making Me Happy this week:
- I’ve been trying to get into running again after the winter. After my knee injury from…what, 4 years ago?…I’ve had a hard time with any distance over about two miles, when doing more running than walking. Well, yesterday, I actually did 2.5 miles in 31 minutes. And I didn’t have any pain in my knee (and even my shin splints were better than they have been over the last couple of weeks). I was really excited with my time and pace – and I hope to get better.
New on Zazzle:
- You know at least one of the photos from my trip to the garden this week would end up on zazzle, right? For now it’s this lovely dandelion: