- Stephen and I have been watching West Wing on DVD. For whatever reason, I never really watched it when it was on TV. I saw maybe three episodes. So I went in not having seen…anything. And I wonder…WHY THE HELL DIDN’T I WATCH THIS WHEN IT WAS ON TV? I’m seriously enjoying the hell out of it – it’s funny, intelligent, and interesting. Especially going into an election…Can I vote for Bartlett?
- I made chicken fried steak for the first time ever the other night. I was going to make mashed potatoes, too – another thing I’ve never made. Stephen was shocked when he found that out – “You’ve never made mashed potatoes?” Here’s the thing – I don’t really like mashed potatoes. I only ever eat them as a dip for meat, with, of course, gravy. So Stephen made the mashed potatoes. I also made gravy for the first time ever. All in all, it was a great meal.
- I received a notice a couple of weeks ago that I had a package to pick up at the post office. I had no idea what it was, I wasn’t sure the size of the box, thus I wasn’t sure it would fit in my bike basket, so I had to wait until I had the car to go pick it up. It turned out to be a gift from my mother-in-law: two crocheted baskets. They’re super cute (made out of Target bags!), and after a few days I determined how would use one of them – it makes a perfect clothespin holder!
- I went for a long bike ride last Thursday, about 13 miles. I thought I was only going to go 8 miles, but then I decided to get a little lost (on purpose) and see what I could see. It was a nice little bike ride, I went past….lots of woods…and fields…because that’s what Finland has a lot of…
- Took another bike ride on Sunday to the coast. I found this lovely little secluded area, and watched the rain off the coast. I think I’ll go back soon with a book.
- It was overcast and rainy for most of last week, and I was feeling correspondingly down in the dumps. I want my warm, beautiful Finnish summer back!! I did get a bit of it on Friday and Saturday, thank goodness, but why can’t it be like that all the time? Rainy again today, but I can’t be too sad – I’m about to go on a Girl’s Trip! Info and photos to follow…