In case you didn’t notice, I finally added some blogs to my blogroll. See, look there, over to the right. Check ’em out.
The Expat Life and arrival gate are both by other American women here in Rauma whose husbands work at OL3. We’re quite literally all in the same boat. Check out Pam’s post on getting stuck in the snow and Allison’s post on things she’s learned so far, then stick around to read more!
There are tons of ex-pats here in Finland blogging about their experience, people from Australia and the States and the UK and more. I’ve also discovered other great blogs about Finland, and a few great ex-pat blogs outside of Finland. A few of my favorite posts include:
- “the value of recipes that state oleo as an ingredient” and losing said recipes from a happy little life
- Tips on surviving a Finnish winter by A Scandinavian interlude
- A post about feeling out of place in Finland by Already There
- Lone Wolves and a great follow up, The Finn who came in from the cold, by Headspace
- Light at the dark time of the year by Life in Finland (and beyond)
- A post explaining the little sprayer in Finnish bathrooms (and a picture that will be seared into your brain for a while) by Willie Lahti
- Gorgeous photos of the ice breaking up in the sea from from a different angle
- Sartenada has a ton of photos, with descriptions in English, Spanish, and French
- I was looking forward to meeting TexaGermaFinlaNadian – she’s from Texas, and lived about 2 hours away from us here in Finland. But she’s adding a new country to her blog, although I don’t know which one, yet!
- A special thanks to steverp for reposting one of my posts – he’s not in Finland yet, but he’s working on it!
There’s more over there, you can see. They’re there for a reason. Check them out and enjoy! And if you want to find ex-pat blogs for other countries, check out expat blog. It’s a great way to learn about different cultures and travel experiences!
(A little note to anyone who blogs on Blogger – there’s a reason I don’t comment on your blogs. I can’t seem to ever do it. Every time I write a comment on Blogger, it either won’t let me post it or it completely erases the whole thing. So I don’t even try. Doesn’t mean I don’t read your blog, though!)