- One thing I can say about the Finns – they know water pressure. I can definitely say I’ve never had a better hotel shower than where we’re staying…I only hope the shower where we end up living is good, too.
- Cool Ranch Doritos are called “Cool American” here.
- We had to send the laundry to the front desk to be cleaned, because the hotel doesn’t have a public laundry, and there apparently are no laundrymats here. We sent down a couple of pairs of jeans, 7 shirts, 5 undershirts, and several pairs of socks. The total: 73€. Even though it’s on the company dime…OUCH!
- I’m handwashing my delicates in the sink, and Stephen wants me to hand wash a couple of his nice shirts. Finding detergent was fun…We’ll see how this goes.
- We watched Notting Hill last night, in English with Finnish subtitles. “Whoopsie-daisies” is “hupsista keikkaa” in Finnish. I missed “adios the dishes” and “daft prick.”
- We went to see a possible place to stay last night. It was a 1 bedroom 1 bath in a neighborhood north of town. It was right on the sea (although on the second row of townhomes) in a very pretty area, and I’m sure in the summer it would have been gorgeous. But it was a little dingy, and it was about 3km from town, so it would have been quite remote for me without a car. There’s a place available in a month that we hope is a little better.