- My favorite candies have always been the tartier candies, like nerds, sweettarts, spree. It is nearly impossible to find that type of candy here in Finland. Tons upon tons of black licorice (yuk!!), plenty of chocolate, but tart candy is rare. I can get pez, which is awesome, except that I eat it all in one gulp.
- (Please don’t send me candy! I don’t need it! It’s just one of those things I occasionally miss…)
- Once again, I’m dying for a warm beach vacation. I’m having a hard time convincing Stephen of it, though. Guess I’ll just have to go to Thailand by myself…
- I seem to simply keep pounding my head against a wall when it comes to any WIP I touch. I have three now that I’m actively trying to find a way to complete – not all at the same time, mind you, but I work on one until my head hurts, then I work on another until I’m ready to throw myself off the balcony, then I move onto the third one until I drink myself into oblivion. I can’t seem to get anywhere with any of them. I need solid plot points, a solid main story line, and I keep coming up with…nothing. I make notes upon notes, asking “What if this?” and “Maybe that?” And I’ve got nothing.
- What I do have is yet another story idea that won’t stop pestering me. Because, you know, that’s what I need now.
- Excuse me while I rip my brain out, take it out by the bike racks in front of school, and beat it senseless.
What’s Making Me Happy this week:
- Sewing Machine Shaming (you, know, like the dog shaming meme).
- A photo my husband sent me of him doing the dishes he had amassed in the week I’d been away, wearing an apron and no shirt. Sorry, you don’t get to see it, but it had me laughing for a good 5 minutes. :)
- Usually, taking video in portrait more is a no-no. This video, however, is perfect:
What’s making you happy this week?